A property survey is a form of due diligence. Without it, you risk making the wrong decision on buying or developing property, especially when it comes with a lot of issues, or when you end up building on your neighbor’s land. Only a land survey company in Los Angeles will be able to fulfill your requirements in determining the boundaries, size, measurements, history, and title deed of the property. Here are some of the things you must consider if you are looking for a trustworthy and reliable land surveyor in LA:
- Check for local credentials – Find an established land survey company in Los Angeles, preferably a firm that is licensed to work in the city or in California. Make sure the company is adept in conducting the kind of survey that you need. Prefer a surveyor with decades of proven experience in what they do, and an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- Explore their services – Seasoned land surveyors can conduct any type of survey, including the basic boundary and residential surveys, and specialized work, such as ALTA/ACSM, environmental, geodetic, and topographic surveys.
- Read testimonials – Customer feedback is often a good source for information on whether you can trust the company or not. It can reveal the land surveyor’s capability of delivering high-quality land survey services in Los Angeles, too. That way, you can make a more informed decision about hiring them.
- Get to know their customers – Popular land surveyors get a lot of referrals and repeat business from a range of public and private clients, including government agencies and municipalities, lawyers, engineers, construction firms, architects, land brokers, and property developers. Make sure they have experience in the type of project you are working with.
- Find out how they work – A good land survey company in Los Angeles applies the latest methodologies, technologies, and equipment in their work, including 3D laser scanning, high-definition surveying, and GPS. This way, they can provide precise and quick results.