A professional land surveyor in California will be crucial when evaluating property for development or purchase. With their help, you can determine if there are any issues with the land or verify the boundaries of the property. You need to make sure that it is someone who is licensed and can prove their credibility and skill, so you must be careful and consider the following five things before you hire one:
- Experience – Look for a land surveyor in California with at least two to three decades of experience in serving the state. The number of years in business can say a lot about their credibility and trustworthiness, or they would never have lasted that long.
- Expertise – Hire only highly trained and licensed land surveyors specializing in traditional and advanced surveying methods and technologies. They should be able to provide a range of services, from residential boundary surveys to commercial ALTA/ACSM land title surveys, and specialty services, such as high-definition 3D laser scanning, GPS surveys, and topographic, environmental, and geodetic surveying.
- References – Explore their previous experiences and the clients they have worked with. Consider a land surveyor in California that has worked with people in many different industries, such as telecommunications, engineering, development, construction, environmental, and real estate. Ideally, it should be someone who gets a lot of referrals and continuously receives plenty of repeat business from the public and private clients.
- Good reviews – Verify the experience of those clients who have worked with them by reading testimonials and feedback. You should be able to see some client feedback on their company website, as well as in Better Business Bureau’s site, which a good resource if you want to verify their credibility as a service provider, too.
- Cost – Get in touch with the land surveyor in California for an estimate and compare the cost with another reputable surveying company. Rather than choosing the cheapest provider, go for a team surveyor that can guarantee a cost-effective service that is backed by years of expertise, a solid client base, and skill.